Back From the Dead. Tropical Storm Damage Repaired. Antenna Blog Returns. Post #288

July and August 2014 have proven to be exciting and somewhat terrifying months for those of us who call Hawaii Island our home.

Earlier, I announced that this antenna blog would relocate to my amateur radio news site (http://kh6jrm.com) until I worked out some issues with my ISP and the continuing move to my new QTH in the Orchidland Estates area of the Puna District.  I transferred all antenna articles to that site, as well as keeping the original articles here.

Things turned upside down when Tropical Storm Iselle came ashore on 07 and 08 August 2014.  Many homes in the Puna and Ka'u Districts were cut off by fallen trees and loss of utility poles.  One of those houses was mine, but thankfully, the only loss was the temporary cut in electric power (restored after 3 days) and the removal of fallen trees from my access road.  At the time of the storm, I was working as a reporter from the Hawaii County Civil Defense Office for my former employer, Pacific Media Group, the owner of 4 radio stations in Hilo.  I was quite busy and was not able to reach the new QTH or to continue writing this blog.

Now that the recovery effort is making slow, steady progress, I can resume work on my "homebrewed" antennas and this blog.  My amateur radio news blog will continue publication in that area, while my antenna efforts will be directed here.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Since I have to replace all of my wire antennas at the new QTH, expect a few projects in this area.  As before, I'll cite sources and provide appropriate videos for each project.  The internet connection is a bit tenuous, so I'll be using my reserve dial-up connection for awhile.  In either case, the antenna blog is back.

Until next time,

Russ Roberts (KH6JRM).
Site Administrator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a ZS6BKW antenna from scratch. Post #1559.

G5RV Multi Band HF Dipole Antenna. Post #1555.

Antenna for Condo Backyard-Stealth. Post #1542.